I say a good 70% of these things… and the other 30% I never heard of. LoL. What’s sad, is I don’t even live in the US or what US television and still moving up like the Jefferson’s.
In 2012, I did a blog called “Sh*t Upwardly Mobile Black People Say”… it was around the time of “Sh*t Black Girls Say”, but before “Sh*t Bougie Black Folks Say” (if only I had a camera).
I realized people that I know say all the same stuff and wrote about it. After a full year, I realize that this list is incomplete… and may need to be updated every year. Then I got lazy and realized maybe every two years. “Wrote a blog bout it. Like to hear it, here it goes”
Here is part two:
“I’m so over…”
Nothing makes upwardly mobile Black people happier than telling someone that they have outgrown a situation, a person, a TV show, etc. It’s like saying “This is here…and I am so beyond this”… actually, “I’m beyond” is the cousin of “I’m so over”. If you were really over it…
View original post 2,613 more words